Rise of the Runelords
Fiery Eldritch Youth
Male human Wizard 16
NG Medium humanoid
Init +3; Senses Perception +16
Languages Common, Draconic, Elven, Goblin, Thassilonian, Varisian
AC 18 (21/25); touch 13; flat-footed 13 (+3 Deflection, +3 Dex*, +1 Dodge, +1 armor*)
HP 127 (16d6+64**)
Saves*** Fort +11; Ref +12; Will +14
- Arcane Bond Used? N
- Force Missile 11/day (1d4+8 force damage to one target within medium range) – 0 used
- Elemental Wall 16 rds/day (as wall of fire, but choose acid, cold, electricity, or fire damage; rounds need not be consecutive) – 0 used
- Snatch Arrow (Reaction) 2/day
Spells Prepared (CL 16th; DC 18 (19) + spell level; concentration +24 or +28 if casting defensively):
- 8 (3+1) – Maze, Polar Ray,
Prismatic Wall,Protection from Spells
- 7 (4+1) – mage’s sword, prismatic spray, 2x Piercing disintegrate,
- 6 (4+1) –
2xchain lightning, 3x disintegrate
- 5 (5+1) – 3x cone of cold, teleport, 2x wall of force
- 4 (6+1) – 2x dimension door, resilient sphere, 3x heightened fireball
- 3 (6+1) – blink, 2x displacement,
2xhaste, lightning bolt
- 2 (10+1) –
9x4x scorching ray, spider climb, web
- 1 (6+1) –
5x3x magic missile, protection from evil, shield
- 0 (4) – detect magic, ghost sound, light, ray of frost
- 0 – acid splash, arcane mark, dancing lights, detect magic, detect poison, flare, ghost sound, light, mage hand, mending, message, open/close, prestidigitation, ray of frost, read magic, resistance
- 1 – burning hands, comprehend languages, detect secret doors, expeditious retreat, floating disk, grease, identify, mage armor, magic missile, protection from evil, shield
- 2 – acid arrow, cat’s grace, flaming sphere, fox’s cunning, glitterdust, invisibility, locate object, mirror image, obscuring mist, scorching ray, see invisibility, shatter, spider climb, web
- 3 – blink, dispel magic, displacement, fireball, haste, lightning bolt, protection from energy, shrink item, stinking cloud
- 4 – black tentacles, dimension door, resilient sphere, wall of fire
- 5 – cone of cold, telekinesis, teleport, wall of force
- 6 – chain lightning, disintegrate, mage’s lucubration, true seeing
- 7 – force cage, mage’s magnificent mansion, mage’s sword, prismatic spray
- 8 – Maze, Polar Ray, Prismatic Wall, Protection from Spells
Ability Scores Str 10, Dex 14 *, Con 14 , Int 20 *****, Wis 10, Cha 14
Base Atk +8/+3; CMB +8; CMD 22
Feats Combat Casting, Craft WandB, Craft Wondrous ItemB, Dodge, Fleet, Heighten Spell, Piercing Spell, Point-Blank Shot, Quicken Spell, Scribe ScrollB, Spell Focus (evocation), Spell Penetration
Skills Appraise +28 (+32), Knowledge (arcana, history) +28, Knowledge (local, planes) +27, Perception +16, Spellcraft +27, Stealth +23****
Racial Traits Ability Scores (+2 to any one), Bonus Feat, Skilled (one additional skill rank per level)
Class Features Arcane bond (ring), arcane school (evocation; opposed enchantment & necromancy; intense spells, force missile; elemental wall), cantrips, Scribe Scroll
Gear dagger, silver dagger, snakeskin tunic*, ring (arcane bond), ring of protection +1 inscribed with “Izanna My Love”, Sihedron medallion***, cloak of resistance +4, cloak of elvenkind****, headband of vast intelligence (arcana) +6*****, amulet of proof against poison, vibrant purple prism ioun stone (contains fly), ring of freedom of movement, boots of teleportation, Sihedron ring (+3 Deflection, etc), ring of wizardry II, gloves of arrow snaring, everburning torch, potion of cure moderate wounds (4; 2d8 + 3), potion of barkskin, potion of cure light wounds (1d8+1), scholar’s outfit, backpack, spellbook (all 0-level spells; 6 1st-level spells), flint and steel, inkpen, ink (1 oz.), parchment (5 sheets), sealing wax, belt pouch (920 pp, 133 gp, 14 sp, 5 cp), treasure map, spell scrolls (burning hands (Level 3), comprehend languages, flaming sphere (Level 5), keen edge, lightning bolt, minor image, see invisibility, sleep, whispering wind), wand of shocking grasp (23 charges), wand of magic missile (34 charges), wand of mage armor (36 charges), wand of scorching ray (22 charges), wand of enervation (11 charges), wand of acid arrow (43 charges), pearl of power (1st-level spell), scroll of globe of invulnerability, wand of magic missile (CL 5th, 8 charges), a wand of lightning bolt (CL 6th, 23 charges)
Old Party Loot: deed to Scarnetti mill
- New Party Loot The Scribbler – +1 breastplate, fanged falchion, 17 vials of ink (8 gp each), revelation quill; RuneVassals of Pride – 6x (masterwork dagger, ring of protection +1, cloak of resistance +2, headband of vast intelligence +2, noble’s outfit worth 200 gp, spellbook (spells prepared)); Dead RuneVassal – evil robe of the archmagi, headband of vast intelligence +2 (arcana), cape of the mountebank, golden peacock (800 gp), books (200 lbs.), spellbooks (all illusion in CRB); Alu-Demons – 3x masterwork ranseur, bracers of armor +3, jewelry worth 8,000 gp
- Xinlast Loot Dragon – 64,000 sp, 21,000 gp, 520 pp, a gold coffer worth 1,400 gp that contains 35 assorted gemstones worth a total of 12,000 gp, a silver bracelet worth 25 gp, a jade comb worth 300 gp, a pair of red silk gloves embroidered with gold thread worth 800 gp for the pair (in a glass display box itself worth 100 gp), a suit of masterwork mithral half-plate, a masterwork breastplate, a suit of +2 banded mail, 4x frozen potions of cure light wounds, a frozen potion of owl’s wisdom, a flask of oil of magic vestment +4, a bejeweled ivory scroll tube worth 300 gp that contains a scroll of foresight and a scroll of mass heal, a ring of evasion, a rod of extend metamagic, a mithral breastplate, a cobra-shaped platinum armband with rubies for eyes worth 2,000 gp, a ring of the ram with only 5 charges left, a +2 vicious kukri that bears the unholy symbol of Lamashtu etched on its blade, and a bronze griffon figurine of wondrous power; Gamigin - three darkwood chests (themselves worth 300 gp apiece) containing 4,500 gp, 220 pp, and 8,000 gp in assorted gems and jewelry, Sihedron ring; Skulk Treasure - bag of holding II, a staff of healing, a scroll of greater restoration, two scrolls of heal, a scroll of true resurrection, and a silk pouch containing eight elixirs of the peaks; Cloud Giants - Sihedron Ring; Khalib - Staff of size alteration, robe of the (evil) archmagi; Storm Giants - 4x Sihedron rings, full plate +4, 20x potions of cure serious wounds; Vioran - Chellan (artifact), +1 composite longbow (+10 Str) with 20 arrows, Sihedron ring; Hungerer - Sihedron Ring; Pelt Room – 20 pelts worth 250 gp each; Ceoptra + Giants – +1 unholy dagger, headband of alluring charisma +4, necklace of adaptation, ring of force shield, Sihedron Ring, 4 golden ankle bands worth 2,000 gp each, gold and sapphire choker worth 6,000 gp
Poetry Under Sandpoint:
If magic bright is your desire, To old Runeforge must you retire!
For only there does wizards’ art Receive its due and proper start.
On eastern shores of steaming mirror, At end of day when dusk is nearer,
Where seven faces silent wait Encircled guards at Runeforge gate.
Each stone the grace of seven lords, One part of key each ruler hoards;
If offered spells and proper prayer, Take seven keys and climb the stair.
On frozen mountain Xin awaits, His regal voice the yawning gates
Keys turn twice in Sihedron- Occulted Runeforge waits within.
And now you’ve come and joined the forge upon rare lore your mind can gorge-
And when you slough the mortal way In Runeforge long your work shall stay.
- Goblin Watcher: You grew up in Sandpoint staring off the cliff across the Varisian Gulf. Spending so much time there at Junker’s Edge watching the goblins below as they scrounged through the discarded junk and seeing what they made out of the garbage, you developed an eye for spotting the most useful and valuable discarded items. You gain a +1 trait bonus on Perception and Appraise checks, and a +5 trait bonus on Appraise checks to determine the most valuable item visible in a treasure hoard.
- Scholar of the Ancients: Growing up with your nose in books, you’ve had a great interest in past cultures and ancient history. Furthermore, having grown up in Varisia, you know the monuments dotting the landscape belong to an ancient civilization known as Thassilon. From your life of study and dogged research, you’ve pieced together the language and partial history of this once-great empire. You gain a +1 trait bonus on Knowledge (arcana) and Knowledge (history) checks, and begin play able to speak and read Thassilonian.